Mucuna pruriens, known as Kapikacchu in Ayurveda, is a traditional herb valued for its historical use in promoting overall well-being. This nutritive tonic has been traditionally used to support aspects of health such as the nervous system and reproductive organs.
- Traditional Ayurvedic herb (Kapikacchu).
- Historically used to nourish the nervous system.
- Traditionally employed for its potential impact on reproductive health.
- May contribute to a sense of vitality and well-being.
Related scientific research references:
1. Lucia Raffaella Lampariello, Alessio Cortelazzo, Roberto Guerranti, Claudia Sticozzi, and Giuseppe Valacchi. The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens J Tradit Complement Med. 2012 Oct-Dec; 2(4): 331–339.
2. Kamla Kant Shukla, Abbas Ali Mahdi, Mohammad Kaleem Ahmad, Shyam Pyari Jaiswar, Satya Narain Shankwar and Sarvada Chandra Tiwari. Mucuna pruriens Reduces Stress and Improves the Quality of Semen in Infertile Men. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2010 Mar; 7(1): 137–144.
3. R Katzenschlager, A Evans, A Manson, P Patsalos, N Ratnaraj, H Watt, L Timmermann, R Van der Giessen, and A Lees. Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double blind clinical and pharmacological study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Dec; 75(12): 1672–1677.
Rejuvenation for Vata & Kapha that Promotes Vitality & Strength*
- Increases energy and vitality*
- General adaptogen for combating stress*
- Assists in calming the mind and promotes restful sleep*
- Supports proper function of the adrenals*
*The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. For more information pertaining to your personal needs please see a qualified health practitioner.