This common Indian kitchen spice has a broad range of beneficial properties. It bolsters the immune system, purifies the blood and promotes clear, healthy skin. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) strengthens digestion and eliminates toxins from the GI tract. It supports proper function of the pancreas, reduces kapha and promotes healthy blood glucose levels that are already within the normal range. Turmeric soothes and nourishes the joint tissue and promotes comfortable movement. An excellent herb for those with kapha constitutions or imbalances, turmeric supports proper function of the heart and helps clear the channels of the physical and subtle bodies
Related scientific research references:
1. Kasi PD1, Tamilselvam R2, Skalicka-Woźniak K3, Nabavi SF4, Daglia M5, Bishayee A6, Pazoki-Toroudi H7, Nabavi SM8. Molecular targets of curcumin for cancer therapy: an updated review. Tumour Biol. 2016 Jul 28.
2. Gupta SC1, Sung B, Kim JH, Prasad S, Li S, Aggarwal BB. Multitargeting by turmeric, the golden spice: From kitchen to clinic. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013 Sep;57(9):1510-28. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201100741. Epub 2012 Aug 13.
3. Overview of Tumeric University of Maryland Medical Centre
Bright Yellow Indian Cooking Spice that Promotes Digestion and Overall Health and Well-Being*
- Cleanses the blood and promotes healthy skin*
- Strengthens digestion and promotes healthy intestinal flora*
- Supports healthy blood glucose levels that are already within the normal range*
- Supports comfortable movement of the joints*
Turmeric Root Powder (Curcuma longa)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
*The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. For more information pertaining to your personal needs please see a qualified health practitioner.